- 1963-2001 GM RWD Transmission mount shims are useful for tuning drive train and drive shaft angles.
- These shims are designed to work with the late model GM style single centered stud mounts, or the early model GM style dual stud mount with 1-1/2" between hole centers.
- The base dimensions of 1-1/4" x 2-3/4" provide a solid contact between the transmission mount and the transmission crossmember. Attempts to use a standard flat washer as a shim will never provide the same contact or rigidity which these precision shims accomplish.
- These aluminum shims are 1-1/4" x 2-3/4" x 1/8".
- This set of 4 individual shims allow adjustments from 1/8" to 1/2".
- Note: Check your transmission mount to assure it has the same pattern dimensions prior to purchasing.
- Looking for more transmission mount information? Check out our blog article, "What is a Transmission Mount?"
Performance Engineered from Start to Finish
Our engineers are also car enthusiasts—which makes designing automotive parts second nature. Because we use our products, we know the importance of crafting them with strength and durability. Get more performance from G Force.
We engineer bold solutions that make installation easier without sacrificing quality. Get more support from G Force
SpecificationsWeight: 2 lb
Shipping Dimensions: 4 X 4 X 4 In
Mounting Hardware: n/a
Purchased the g-force x-member for a gear vendors install on 71 Monte Carlo.
Cross member looks great, but does not live up to expectations. It sags way too much, had to put 6 1/8 shims between the cross member and trans mount. And had to add 4 1/8 shims under the cross member to the frame mount. The GV output shaft is still below the rear end with a 3.5 down angle. For close to $400 it just don't do the job as advertised. When I called in the issue, I was told to weld in some support bracing to keep it from sagging. It should have came that way already since it seems like a known issue. I would not buy this if I had to do it all over again. Waste of money.
Thank you for reaching out. As our customer service crew member explained on the phone, the issue is lower frame rail flex as is common with the channel frame on 64-72 GM A-Bodies. Our Crossmembers are designed to fit a wide range of year, make, and models, and this model Crossmember has served many customers without issue. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control there are exceptions. If the work around he suggested was not satisfactory, please feel free to call us again.
Your parts fit perfectly. Also your Hardware package was correct for my assembly. I bought motor mounts, transmission mount, shims and crossmember for my 70 Nova LS-3 - 4l65E transmission. I'm more than happy with everything. Thanks Guys. 😊
- Accessory Menu
- g force
- g force performance
- gforce performance
- gforce performance products
- GM rwd
- GMTM SP
- transmision mount
- Transmission Mount Menu
- Transmission_GM RWD