1978-1983 G-Body Crossmember -TH400 with frame extension | RCG-400K
- Fits Models: Malibu, Monte Carlo, El Camino, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Regal, Hurst
- Fits Years: 78-83
- Fits Transmissions: TH400, 2004R
- If you are looking for improved performance check out our next generation of lighter weight crossmembers, RCG-400KNG-BLK.
- We recommend a polyurethane transmission mount. The G Force GMTM is sold separately.
- The primary frame change on this generation of vehicles begins with 1984 models and the implementation of the 2004R transmission which required positioning the crossmember further to the rear of the vehicle. This is evidenced by two sets of frame holes for the crossmember on the driver side of the vehicle.
- G force has developed a frame extension, FE-100, to duplicate this longer frame on the early generation vehicles. The RCG-400K is pre-packaged with the frame extension.
- Note: Some 1983 Hurst Olds are known to have the 2004R transmission and thus the longer frame rail which do not require the FE-100 frame extension included in this Kit.