Newly designed and manufactured by GForce Performance- The same quality of our original crossmember, designed and manufactured to be lighter and for performance.
Learn more about the strength and durability of our Next Gen Crossmembers.
Models: Malibu, Monte Carlo, El Camino, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Regal
This part includes FE-100 frame extension
Fits the following transmissions: TH400, 2004R. Finished in a black powder coat. Includes new mounting hardware. Purchase transmission mount separately. P/N GMTM.
NOTE: Please see product specifications and view our G-Body Video in the tech tips section PRIOR to ordering your crossmember to ensure correct part selection.
- P/N RCG-400 installation notes:
- On all 78-83 G body crossmembers, the passenger side hump is the taller of the two.
- On some installations, it is necessary to remove the catalytic converter heat shield from the passenger side floor pan.
- This generation of vehicle is prone to body bushing compression, even with some southern vehicles. If the floor pan is too close to allow installation, it may be necessary to replace the body bushings. Some customers have reported that with slight interference instances, they have been able to gently lift the floor pan with the assist of a floor jack and a wood cushion, thus providing the required clearance for installation.
- The crossmember is installed so that the exhaust clearance humps are closed on the top and open on the bottom
- 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 Monte Carlo Cutlass Malibu El Camino Regal GS Grand Prix TH400 2004R 200R4