1977-1990 B-Body Crossmember | RCB3-400
- Fits Models: Caprice, Impala, LeSabre, Estate, Custom Cruiser, 88, Bonneville, Parisienne, Catalina, Laurentian, Safari
- Fits Years: 77-90
- Fits Transmissions: TH400 Short Tail, 2004R, 700R4 with B-Body tailshaft Mount
- For Classic B-Body builders, we€™ve designed a direct bolt-in transmission crossmember to accommodate both a 2004R or TH400 short tail transmissions, as well as a 700R4 with the tailshaft transmission mount. One crossmember, both transmissions!
- We accommodate both by using a second set of mounting holes on the crossmember which allows you to position the crossmember in two different locations while still using the factory crossmember mounting locations.
- No drilling, cutting, grinding, or welding is required.
- When considering the popular 700R4, there are two basic transmission mount locations. One version utilizes a transmission mount directly behind the transmission pan on the transmission case. With the other version the transmission mount is located further forward and bolts to the tailshaft housing. It is crucial that you properly determine which mount location your 700R4 uses. The RCB3-400 is designed to accommodate the longer tailshaft mount. If you have the shorter case mount transmission, you will need to purchase our RCB3-700 crossmember.
- We recommend a polyurethane transmission mount. The GMTM is sold separately.