Fits the following transmissions:
1. 1964-1967 200R4, TH400 short tail.
2. 1968-1972 4L80E, 4L85E. (will accommodate 4L80E in some 1967’s that have 8 crossmember holes on each side of the frame.)
Finished in a black powder coat. Includes new mounting hardware. Purchase transmission mount separately. p/n GMTM.
1968-1972, hardtops (note: distance between crossmember frame holes is approximately 53-5/8″. Measure your frame or crossmember to insure proper selection)
p/n RCAE-4 installation notes:
- the crossmember is installed with the transmission mounting tab positioned towards the front of the car.
- the crossmember is installed so that the exhaust clearance humps are closed on the top and open on the bottom.
- the supplied aluminum spacers are utilized to provide custom positioning of the transmission mount. They are to be positioned between the crossmember mounting tab and the transmission mount. Select the desired amount of spacers and match a bolt of proper length to insure full engagement into the transmission mount. Some applications will not require any spacers.
- some vehicles of this generation are equipped with a crossmember that bolts directly to the vehicles frame rail, while others are equipped with a crossmember that utilizes a tab that sets on the frame rail and is then clamped by a steel cap that is embedded with a rubber liner. The RCAE-4 crossmember bolts directly to the frame rail and utilizes the factory frame holes. To utilize the provided 7/16 hardware it is necessary to enlarge the holes in the frame rails with a 1/2″ drill. If the installer chooses to utilize the stock size 3/8 hardware, it is strongly recommended that the installer obtain Grade 8 fasteners and washers to compensate.