Z33 LS Conversion Adapter Kit For A More Straightforward Conversion
Simplify LS Conversion Using Z33 Transmission Adapter Kit
As a leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of automotive components, G Force Performance products are known for their reliability and strength. As a recognized aftermarket resource for the components needed to upgrade stock parts and complete swap engines, G Force offers an array of products that make these complicated projects such as a Z33 LS Conversion easier to complete.
The Z33 LS V8 Conversion Adapter Kit connects a Nissan 350z 6-speed transmission to a Gen III or Gen IV LS Series Chevy Small Block Engine. Specifically, the adapter kit is designed for transmissions found in Nissan 350zs from 2003 to 2006.
This kit is well suited to projects in which car enthusiasts are looking for a transmission to handle the power of an LS engine. It’s a popular combination because not only is it robust enough to handle the up to 700 horsepower generated by an LS V8 engine but is affordable and easy to find.
The Z33 LS Conversion Adapter Kit includes:
- 3/8” Steel Powder Coated Adapter Plate with a powder-coated finish
- Hi-torque Starter Adapter
- Use current Hi-Torque Mini Starter or purchase one separately
- Custom Steel Flywheel
- Pilot Bushing Adapter
- Mounting Hardware
Additional details about the kit:
- Bolt-on flywheel—no adapters or spacer bushings.
- Flywheel is a billet steel kit, weighing about 30 lbs.
- Some conversion kits use lighter aluminum flywheels. Nevertheless, 30-pound steel wheels are best for 90% of all available builds.
- Flywheel is compatible with any OEM or aftermarket 350Z clutch assembly.
- No transmission modifications required.
- However, some heavy wall bellhousings may need a minor clearance trim for the flywheel ring gear. Simply polish away .06 inches over a small area the size of a stamp.
- Stock 350Z pilot bushing with a machined steel adapter included.
- However, the LS block requires the removal of a small casting boss to create clearance for your high-torque starter. It’s a minor modification that can be done with a hand grinder. Instructions included with purchase.
Even with this in mind, it's important to note LS conversions are different for each application. Consequently, it’s never a clear-cut process. Every component that makes the motor run may need modification for the new platform.
To enumerate, here is a list of the main components for any LS Conversion
- Shifter linkage modification
- Motor Mounts
- Transmission Crossmembers
- Front end accessories
- Water pump
- AC compressor
- Belts and associated mounting brackets and shims
- Throttle cable modification (or in the case of drive by wire, electronic throttle pedal adaptor and CAN BUS electronic adaptor)
- Wiring Harness
- Oil Pan
- Oil filter relocation
- Clutch Lines
- Fuel Components
- Fuel lines
- Fuel return lines
- Fuel rail
- Cooling Components
- Cooling hoses, fans, radiator
In summary, G Force Performance Products offers some of the main components essential to particular LS swap projects. For instance, we created the LS Conversion Adapter Kits for Z32 and Z33 transmissions, as listed above. Additionally, we offer kits for Cummins and Mustang to Small Block Chevy swaps.