A Z32 LS Conversion Adapter Kit Makes Your Swap Easier
Why do I need a Z32 5-speed Transmission Adapter for a 300 ZX 5 speed swap?
The GM V8 LS engine is a powerful motor that is a popular choice for aftermarket engine swaps. In particular, Nissan 300zx owners who are looking for an affordable conversion option, often choose it. An LS engine and Z32 transmission can be swapped into almost any car with the 300 ZX 5 speed swap kit.
It’s a popular combination because the transmission is robust enough to handle the 700-horsepower generated by some GM engines. Therefore, the Z32 5-speed adapter plate was designed to simplify the connection between the Z32 transmission and an LS engine. Specifically, it fits the 300zx transmissions with naturally-aspirated or twin-turbo pressure plate/clutch setups from 1990 to 1996.
The Z32 LS Conversion Adapter Kit includes:
- 3/8 Steel Powder Coated Adapter Plate
- Pilot Bushing Adapter
- Custom Steel Flywheel
- Mounting Hardware
Additional details about the kit:
- Includes stock 300zx pilot bushing and machined steel adapter.
- 300zx Starter is mounted on side of transmission.
- Uses a stock 300zx pressure plate/clutch and throw-out bushing.
- Compatible with naturally-aspirated or twin-turbo pressure plate/clutch discs.
- Incompatible with twin-turbo Z32 transmissions.
- The twin-turbo Z32 has a much larger bellhousing, which places the starter farther from the flywheel ring gear. As a result, the starter will not properly engage with the flywheel.
However, it’s important to remember that even with the Z32 LS Conversion Adapter Kit, LS conversions are different for each application. In other words, it is not a straightforward process. Modifications may need to be made to every component that makes the motor run.
Here is a list of the major components needed for an LS Conversion
- Shifter linkage modification
- Motor Mounts
- Transmission Crossmembers
- Throttle cable modification (or in the case of drive by wire, electronic throttle pedal adaptor and CAN BUS electronic adaptor)
- Wiring Harness
- Oil Pan
- Oil filter relocation
- Front end accessories
- Water pump
- AC compressor
- Belts and associated mounting brackets and shims
- Clutch Lines
- Cooling Components
- Cooling hoses
- Fuel Components
- Fuel lines
- Fuel return lines
- Fuel rail
In addition, G Force Performance Products offers some of the major components needed for specific LS swaps. Accordingly, we have created LS Conversion Adapter Kits for Z32 and Z33 transmissions, as listed above. Likewise, we offer kits for Cummins and Mustang to Small Block Chevy conversion projects.