1978-1983 Malibu, Monte Carlo, El Camino, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Regal Frame Extension | FE-100
- Fits Models: Malibu, Monte Carlo, El Camino, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Regal, Century, LeMans, Caballero
- Fits Years: 78-83
- A frame extension is used to replicate the longer drivers side frame rail on GM vehicles beginning in 1984.
- G force has prepackaged this frame extension for some crossmembers and provided them as a Kit. See RCG-400K, RCG-T56K, and RCG-4L80K.
- G Force recently introduced a lighter weight version of our most popular crossmembers. The RCG-400 is part of our Next Gen line and also is available as an extension kit, RCG-400KNG-BLK. What is a lightweight crossmember? Find out here.
- Some 1983 Hurst Olds originally equipped with the 2004R will not need the FE-100.
- Some 1984 El Caminos retained the early frame and will require a frame extension for the longer transmissions. This can be determined with a visual inspection. If there is only one set of crossmember holes on the drivers side frame rail, positioned near the door hinge, then it is an early frame and requires the FE-100. If there are two sets of holes on the drivers frame rail, then it is a late frame, which does not need the Frame Extension.