Wide Frame 1964-1967 & 1968-1972 A-Body Hardtop Crossmember | RCAE-WF
New Adjustable Width Crossmember
- This crossmember is designed for A-Body cars frames measuring wider than the standard 53-5/8" mounting hole center to hole center.
- It has removable end-tabs and comes with four 3/16" thick shims to bring the mounting width to a max of 54-3/8". If your frame measures wider than this dimension, give us a call to discuss further options.
- Fits Models: Chevelle, El Camino, Malibu, Monte Carlo, GS, Skylark, 442, Cutlass, F85, Grand Prix, GTO, LeMans, Tempest, Special, Sport Wagon, Vista Cruiser
- Fits Years: 64-67 and 68-72
- 1964-1972 Hardtops Only. Will not fit convertibles or El Caminos with boxed frame.
- Fits Transmissions: 1964-1967 - TH350, Muncie, Powerglide, T-10, Super-T-10, Saginaw, TH200, TH250, 700R4, 4L60, 4L60E, GM T-5, TREMEC TKO-500, and TKO-600. 1968-1972 - TH350, Muncie, Powerglide, T-10, Super-T-10, Saginaw, TH200, TH250, 700R4, 4L60, 4L60E, GM T-5, TREMEC, TKO-500, TKO-600, 2004R, and TH400 Short Tail.
- We recommend a polyurethane transmission mount. The GMTM is sold separately.
This crossmember is intended for the rare instances of a wider frame seen on some early A-Body Cars.